blog home Workers’ Compensation I Have Been Injured at Work, Now What?

I Have Been Injured at Work, Now What?

By Cleveland Personal Injury Attorney on March 28, 2023

Notify Your Employer

If you have been injured at work, it is important to follow the following steps.  First, report the injury immediately to your employer.  It is important to document your injury as soon as possible.  Even if the injury may seem minor, it is important to document it immediately as it may be an injury that lingers for longer then expected.  We see many clients that have their claims denied because they waited too long to report their injury to their employer.

Obtain Medical Treatment as Soon as Possible

Once you have reported the injury to your employer, it is important to obtain medical treatment as soon as possible.  Make sure to express all symptoms you are having to your treating health care provider.  If your symptoms change since the original injury, contact your doctor and have them document any new or changed symptoms.   It is important for your doctor to note all symptoms, as many times an employer will  deny a claim based on the fact that the injured workers symptoms are not consistent with the medical records.

First Report of Injury

Most hospitals will have you fill out an Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation form called a First Report of Injury (FROI).  The FROI is what initiates an Ohio workers Compensation claim.  If you do not recall filling out a first report of injury form, the attorneys at George Mineff, Jr. can help you properly fill out the form.

Contact Our Experienced Cleveland Workers Compensation Attorneys

Lastly, take advantage of our years of experience, dedication, and professionalism, and ensure your rights are protected in any situation.

From our Cleveland, Ohio office, George Mineff, Jr. Attorney at Law helps employees throughout Northern Ohio file workers’ compensation claims and appeal workers’ compensation denials. To schedule a free consultation with our dedicated Cleveland workers’ compensation lawyers, call us at 216-621-3930 or contact us online.

“George and his son Nick are exceptional attorneys. I can't express in words how much gratitude I have for their patience and compassion…”
- T. Kennedy, Google Review