Cleveland Auto Accident Attorneys
Injured in a Car Accident in Cleveland? Get the Legal Help you Deserve.
Residents and visitors to Cleveland can enjoy the quintessential American city. The area offers the benefits of modern living, along with important historical sites. Cleveland also has traffic problems, with heavily traveled streets and highways where accidents happen far too often. A collision can happen on any street, road, or highway at any time of day or night. Some city streets are known to be the location of high numbers of injury accidents, as reported by Cleveland.com:
- Mayfield Road and SOM Center
- Kinsman Road at East 93rd Street
- Harvard Avenue at Lee Road
- Kinsman Road at East 55th Street and Woodland Avenue
- Pearl Road at Denison Avenue
- St. Clair Avenue at Eddy Road
- Kinsman Road and East 116th Street
- East 30th Street at Orange Avenue (at Interstate 77 South Ramp)
The actions you take immediately after a crash can significantly affect the value of an insurance settlement or jury award. Your first step after being injured by a negligent driver should be to call a Cleveland car accident attorney at George Mineff, Jr., Attorney at Law, at (216) 621-3930 for a free case consultation.
Common Causes of Car Accidents – Negligent and Reckless Drivers
Residents in the Cleveland area do not have a lot to brag about when it comes to driving. The city is listed as the 16th worst city in which to drive in the USA. Some of the most common causes behind the high number of collisions in the city include:
- Driving at an unsafe speed
- Reckless vehicle operation
- Driving too fast for weather conditions
- Drunk or drug intoxication
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Violating traffic laws
- Running red lights or stop signs
Even the safest driver, who consistently follows the “rules of the road,” can suffer serious injuries when sharing the road with a negligent driver. All personal injury claims in car accident cases hinge on proving the other driver acted negligently, which means the driver failed to act in a way that a reasonably careful individual would when faced with a similar situation.
Common Car Accident Injuries in Cleveland
A car accident can be a disaster under certain circumstances. The injuries sustained by an innocent driver or passenger can be serious, catastrophic, or fatal. Some of the most common types of serious car accident injuries include:
- TBI (traumatic brain injury)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Severe lacerations
- Internal injuries
- Disfiguring injuries
- Permanent disabilities, cognitive, physical, or both
- Fatal injuries
Compensation After a Car Accident – What is a Case Worth?
Valuing a car accident case will require a comprehensive review of medical records, the predicted duration of the recovery time from the injuries, and the long-term impact they have on the individual. The types of compensation pursued are in two general categories, economic and non-economic:
- Economic damages: These are the financial losses experienced by the injured individual, including medical bills, hospital bills, skilled nursing, rehabilitation costs, lost wages now and estimated in the future, lost earning capacity, medications, transportation, and all other financial losses.
- Non-economic damages: Often the highest value portion of the compensation in a personal injury case, a value is given to the personal losses experienced by the injured individual, including pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, emotional anguish, and other damages associated with changes in lifestyle and abilities.
Why You Need a Cleveland Car Accident Lawyer: Your Right to Full Compensation
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Cleveland car accident caused by another driver, that driver must be held accountable. Aside from any criminal charges the driver may face, compensation can be pursued through an insurance claim or lawsuit filed in civil court. At George Mineff, Jr., Attorney at Law, the firm has an exceptional level of experience and was founded in 1984. With more than 50 years of combined experience, you can trust that your case will be handled professionally and with the ultimate skill and personalized, compassionate counsel.
Call a Cleveland personal injury attorney at (216) 621-3930 for a free case evaluation.
- What If the Driver Who Injured Me Didn’t Have Insurance?
- Proper Braking Techniques for Snowy and Icy Weather
- The Legal Complications of Injury from a Rideshare Accident
- How Dashcam Footage Helps Injury Cases